Confused about test results - red stains - could there by algae?

Thanks for the info IWilk. Not at all sure what it is. What is rust sediment? Where does it come from? It does look like rust and came off with vitamin c. My issue is that it stained all of my return nozzles and skimmer doors, etc. Just looks terrible. I added Metal Magic and that seems to have helped but again not sure what it is.

I still don't see where you failed the OCLT test in this thread. The only OCLT results that I see posted are on the 14th and show you losing only 1ppm of chlorine and at .5 CC. I'd hate for you to be slamming your pool and not needing to. Been there done that myself! :)

I passed OCLT. Added 2q of Metal Magic. It helped a bit but still have some discoloration on returns. Next day I added 1 gal of stabilizer. Did full set of tests. Things were perfect sans stabilizer. Waiting til weekend to do another full set and see where stabilizer tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.