Concrete slide bubbling up

jared1

Apr 16, 2023
Socal
Hey everyone thanks for the response.

I have a concrete slide that has been scraped down to the bare concrete and repainted 2x professionally. There willing to come out again to repair it but before they do I would like to fix it permanently. For some reason the bottom half of the continues to bubble up after 7 months. They use the brand Ramuc to seal it. Any suggestions to prevent the bubbling from happening again?

Thx again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230416-082924.png
    Screenshot_20230416-082924.png
    379.3 KB · Views: 19
Hi and sorry to be meeting because of a problem. I do have to wonder if it has to do with the prep before they paint. Maybe they are doing or not doing something that is keeping the paint from sticking to the concrete.
a
I am going to ping someone that might know: @AQUA~HOLICS any ideas or help on this?

Reactions: jared1
okay so lets go with that...............is there any way water is splashing up on the bottom half of the slide? How about sun/shade? Is the bottom half more in or out of the sun than the top half? There HAS to be a reason so lets see what is what with the above ideas.

okay so lets go with that...............is there any way water is splashing up on the bottom half of the slide? How about sun/shade? Is the bottom half more in or out of the sun than the top half? There HAS to be a reason so lets see what is what with the above ideas.
Thanks for your help

So the bottom half is a little bit shadier than the top. I'm sure water is splashing the bottom half but then again it's a slide and it's made for water (said in a nice way)

I mean is water splashing on it right after the slide is treated. Maybe it is slightly wet from dew or splash out when they are treating it? There HAS to be a reason the bottom part is messing up.

Shady/not shady-can you feel a major temp difference in the two parts of the slide? Any idea of the time of day they treated the slide the last two times?

I have a gunite/concrete slide that was installed in late 2015. It's been resurfaced three or four times and nothing has lasted over a year. The last time they came out, they sanded all coating off the chute, filled the cracks with a thin water-stop cement, and coated with Minwax Paste Finishing Wax. I think this the best solution since there's no product that will peel off. So far, it's held up for about 1.5 years...a record. More info in the link below.

Reactions: kimkats and jared1
I mean is water splashing on it right after the slide is treated. Maybe it is slightly wet from dew or splash out when they are treating it? There HAS to be a reason the bottom part is messing up.

Shady/not shady-can you feel a major temp difference in the two parts of the slide? Any idea of the time of day they treated the slide the last two times?
1st time they drained and cleaned the pool of all the calcium so by the time the finished it was maybe mid late afternoon. 2nd the redid it it was done by early afternoon. Not a huge difference in temp but maybe your on to something.

I was thinking the last initial concrete installation wasn't done correctly.

We bought the house 2.5 years ago as well and the paint was chipped then hence we are at this point

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.