Concrete dividers

Scott2020

Jul 9, 2023
Philadelphia
I have a ~30 year old inground concrete pool and deck. The deck has wood slat dividers between concrete slabs. The wood has deteriorated over the past several years and I am replacing it with PVC trim boards. My question is, should the trim boards be loose in the area between concrete sections or should it be more snug or even caulked in place? The few that I have done our loose enough that I can easily take them in and out of the spacing, or just leave them there and they lay perfectly well. Below the channel where the boards lay is crushed stone that the concrete was poured on many years ago. Snow and water can drain to this and I guess has been since the pool was built. Attached is a picture of the wood and a picture of the PVC board. Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Attachments

• IMG_3581.jpeg
    IMG_3581.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3582.jpeg
    IMG_3582.jpeg
    1,009.8 KB · Views: 9
Functionally, I would leave them out, Aesthetically, I would put them in :rolleyes::rolleyes:

They are meant to allow for expansion/contraction so, more free space, the more movement allowed.

After all that, I doubt it technically makes a bit of difference so choose the look you like.

Reactions: newbie919
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.