Concrete deck sealant

Jdow

Jan 7, 2024
Wallingford Connecticut
Pool deck recently poured 9/2023 , initially sealed by concrete company by what I assume was a water based sealant. Would like suggestions/advice as to sealers people recommend, frequency of application and also anti slip additives used. Any preference about rolling versus spraying. Pool is salt water Thanks, Jim

My experience is that a Siloxane or Silane/Siloxane hybrid are the best. Might need re-application every 3-5 years.

Thread with the same basic idea/conversation....

Whatever you choose, just be CAREFUL applying it around a pool. There are many instances of people getting the sealant chemicals in their pool water from overspray or flood-application and then that results in persistent cloudiness or stains on the pool surface. Follow all technical instructions carefully and do your best to minimize exposure to the pool.

I agree withthe silane/siloxane recommendation. it is a penetrating sealer. My concern is the sealer applied by the concrete company. If it is an acrylic sealer which just seals the surface, it could interfere with the application of the silane/siloxane sealer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.