Buffalo, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi All - Yes, already thinking about opening even though it's snowing today.

We have ~1,200sqft of concrete patio and this is our first year opening a pool. Any annual maintenance we need to do on the concrete patio? Does it need to be cleaned/sealed each year? I expect a lot of stains from leaves, etc. Thanks in advance for any input!

That is an acrylic product. Best is to keep it clean. If it looks like it is getting rough in spots, you can do a second application, after cleaning and scrubbing really well, using the same product.

Last edited:
That is an acrylic product. Best is to keep it clean. If it looks like it is getting rough in spots, you can do a second application, after cleaning and scrubbing really well, using the same product.
Thanks for the input. What would I look for when you say 'rough'? When water stops beading or something else? Thanks again.

When water stops beading or something else?
Yes. Also, when acrylic fails it becomes rough. Here is what that delamination looks like, the lighter spots will be rough.

Sealer-2.jpg

Reactions: bbdude
Hi @PoolStored - Thank you for your past help. Now that we've had the pool open over a month you can def tell the sealing was put on unevenly. Some spots the concrete wets all the way thru and others appear to stay dry (which is what you'd expect when it's sealed). This is especially prevalent on the coping around the pool. We will probably do a second application this fall or next spring. When you say 'after cleaning and scrubbing' any guidance you can point to? Power washing maybe?

I attached a photo of the concrete after it rains

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpeg
    IMG_0811.jpeg
    794.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.