Concentrated Bleach

Hi,

Haven't been here in a while.... A while ago I saw a thread that showed the labels and concentrations of bleach.... Been searching for a while but can't seem to find it anymore....

Can someone please provide a link..... thanks

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

The sodium hydroxide is normal and is not the cause of foaming. Are you sure you got regular Clorox, even if more concentrated? It sounds like maybe you got the splashless or outdoor varieties. The following are the new concentrated Clorox bleaches:

OK to use:
Clorox® Concentrated Regular Bleach
Clorox® Concentrated Germicidal Bleach

DO NOT USE:
Clorox® Gentlebleach (not yet concentrated)
Clorox® Concentrated Scented Bleach
Clorox® UltimateCare® Bleach (not yet concentrated)
Clorox® Concentrated Splash-less Bleach
Clorox® Concentrated Outdoor Bleach
Clorox® Concentrated High Efficiency Bleach

Thanks for this valuable information Chemgeek.

We are still in the process of having our pool completed and I have been stocking up on Bleach when it goes on sale. With sales and coupons I can pick up the 1.89L bottles of concentrated bleach for $0.50 a bottle. They seem to be doing away with the larger bottles of non concentrated bleach in the stores now. Good info on the splashless bleach, I do have a couple bottles that I bought a couple months back that I will have to exchange out.

I am still trying to read up on the BBB method but had a question about concentration. The new concentrated bottles have the following listed:
Sodium Hypochlorite 8.25%
Other ingredients 91.75%
(yields 7.85% available chlorine)

so in the calculations do I use 8.25% as the concentration or 7.85%. I hope I'm not over-thinking this and confusing myself with all the info that have read lately so please bear with me and my questions.

Thanks for the quick reply Jason! I feel like I am back in University...something new to learn. Thank goodness there's no exam at the end. I am hoping it will all start to click once the pool is filled and we start testing the water.

Thanks for the quick reply Jason! I feel like I am back in University...something new to learn. Thank goodness there's no exam at the end. I am hoping it will all start to click once the pool is filled and we start testing the water.

The exam is if you have a sparkly pool in the end. If not.... YOU FAILED! lol

Just messin with ya! :mrgreen:

I've once used splashless bleach by mistake last year. :oops: It causes bubbles like a cheap algaecide. :colors:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

The sodium hydroxide is normal and is not the cause of foaming. Are you sure you got regular Clorox, even if more concentrated? It sounds like maybe you got the splashless or outdoor varieties. The following are the new concentrated Clorox bleaches:

OK to use:
Clorox® Concentrated Regular Bleach
Clorox® Concentrated Germicidal Bleach

DO NOT USE:
Clorox® Gentlebleach (not yet concentrated)
Clorox® Concentrated Scented Bleach
Clorox® UltimateCare® Bleach (not yet concentrated)
Clorox® Concentrated Splash-less Bleach
Clorox® Concentrated Outdoor Bleach
Clorox® Concentrated High Efficiency Bleach

Anyone else had trouble finding non-scented Chlorox Concentrated? I used to buy it at Sam's here in Georgia, but now am only seeing the scented stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.