KpPool

May 5, 2022
Seekonk MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, will be getting a deck built around my above ground pool soon. I am most likely going to be going with a composite type decking. I know that this type of decking gets extremely hot since it will be sitting in the sun. Wood is not much better either. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with Moisture shield composite decking ( MoistureShield Composite Decking: Inspired Outdoor Living ). They claim to have some types that have "cool deck technology" that does not get as hot. From the website video, ( Cool Deck Tech video ) it shows two thermal thermometers pointed at their cool deck board (99 degrees F) and standard composite board (142 degrees F) over a 20 minute time lapse. I'm wondering if they actually stay that cool throughout the day, or, if they bake in the sun all day and not just 20 minutes then it doesn't matter anyway. Any one have these? Do they actually stay cooler like they claim? If not are they still a good brand to use? They are not more expensive than any other composite board top line product. Any pros or cons about these boards or even composite vs wood would be appreciated. Thanks again!

I don’t have any direct experience with it myself, but I did consider using it. One thing I found while researching composite decking is that although the temperatures of the surface of the material might not seem that high, the material has high thermal conductivity values, and it does have the potential to cause serious burns. You want to ask if the thermal conductivity is less on the “cool deck”

For our new dock we got this composite decking in Barefoot Gray. The “barefoot” versions are cooler. I can tell you that I can walk barefoot on the dock with no problems in the full Florida sun. The seawall sidewalk is plain concrete and that gets hotter right next to it. Here is the link. (Scroll down for the “barefoot” colors). WearDeck Gallery - By Color | WearDeck Composite Decking

Attachments

• DD9B8B8B-95B8-4934-8B29-CE0BA9C132D1.jpeg
    DD9B8B8B-95B8-4934-8B29-CE0BA9C132D1.jpeg
    547.2 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Orion7319
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.