Compool LX-10 Filter does not start without Cancel On Delay

chiks

Sep 29, 2023
DFW TX
I have had the Compool LX10 for decades now and it has always worked well. 2 weeks ago I had to cancel all my automation schedule on the TimeMaster as the valve to pool fill was stuck open and I had to turn the water line off. Once that was repaired, I started the filter on the internal TimeMaster remote but the Filter pump did not turn on. I had to hit the "Cancel On Delay" and then it turned on. I thought this might be a one off situation but now I have to do it everyday. Any ideas what is going on here? What should I check for?

Welcome to TFP.

You are one of the few here still trying to keep a Compool system running.

Let's see if @1poolman1 has any experience with it. Knowlegde about its operation here may be limited.

Reactions: chiks
I have had the Compool LX10 for decades now and it has always worked well. 2 weeks ago I had to cancel all my automation schedule on the TimeMaster as the valve to pool fill was stuck open and I had to turn the water line off. Once that was repaired, I started the filter on the internal TimeMaster remote but the Filter pump did not turn on. I had to hit the "Cancel On Delay" and then it turned on. I thought this might be a one off situation but now I have to do it everyday. Any ideas what is going on here? What should I check for?
Did you do any re-wiring?
Really, really, really is time to upgrade, but. . . it sounds like the cleaner pump circuit and filter pump circuit have an issue (board going bad) or there is a programming issue. It should be the cleaner circuit that turns "on" when that button is pushed, not the filter pump.

Did you do any re-wiring?
Really, really, really is time to upgrade, but. . . it sounds like the cleaner pump circuit and filter pump circuit have an issue (board going bad) or there is a programming issue. It should be the cleaner circuit that turns "on" when that button is pushed, not the filter pump.
Thanks for the response.

"It should be the cleaner circuit that turns "on" when that button is pushed, not the filter pump."

Exactly. That is what has confused me. Nobody has touched the wiring to the Compool.

What does it take to upgrade to a new controller for the same equipment (Pumps, filter, cleaner)?

Which ones are the good ones in the market, especially ones with a remote control app on the smartphone?

Thanks Jim. I looked at the upgrade kit but there was no mention of a smartphone app. Would love to have one for those times when I am traveling. Are there any?

Anyways, here are the pictures of my current control.

Funny enough, I opened it up to take these pictures, put it back together and now it works OK. Probably a loose or bad connector somewhere.

IMG_7678 2.jpgIMG_7679 2.jpgIMG_7680.jpgIMG_7681 2.jpgIMG_7682 2.jpg

Chiks,

The ComPool to EasyTouch kit just replaces the electronics and front panel.. All the old relay infrastructure is still used. There is no WiFi.

To get remote operation you would have to add ScreenLogic, which I love, but.... That puts the price at about $1800 and assumes that you are doing all the work.

The EasyTouch and ScreenLogic are old, but it does not appear from your pics that 'old' is an issue... :mrgreen:

If you were installing a completely new system, then I would recommend the new IntelliCenter... See the following link for options.

If you decide to upgrade do you plan to do the install or would you have to have someone do it for you??

Thanks,

Jim R.

To get remote operation you would have to add ScreenLogic, which I love, but.... That puts the price at about $1800 and assumes that you are doing all the work.

You probably want the IntelliCenter Lite i5PS which would cost you $1,680 and get you a modern supported system with built in networking. You can hardwire it to your home network at no additional cost or you need to get the Wireless Link Kit for another $480.

Do you have a SWG?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Chiks,

The ComPool to EasyTouch kit just replaces the electronics and front panel.. All the old relay infrastructure is still used. There is no WiFi.

The EasyTouch and ScreenLogic are old, but it does not appear from your pics that 'old' is an issue... :mrgreen:

If you were installing a completely new system, then I would recommend the new IntelliCenter... See the following link for options.

If you decide to upgrade do you plan to do the install or would you have to have someone do it for you??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim.

I would want someone to do it unless it is as straightforward as wiring the b-hyve for Sprinkler system, which I did moving away from the old control box.

Last edited:
You probably want the IntelliCenter Lite i5PS which would cost you $1,680 and get you a modern supported system with built in networking. You can hardwire it to your home network at no additional cost or you need to get the Wireless Link Kit for another $480.

Do you have a SWG?

What is a SWG?

Also I see that the i5PS comes with WiFi. So why the need for the 900Mhz transceiver?
IntelliCenter Lite i5PS w/ Standard Valve Actuators
  • Offers up to 5 relays, i5P or i5PS bundle options
  • Can work with existing breaker panel
  • Expandable to support additional relays and functionality when new products are added
  • Keeps optional devices connected and schedules intact with optimal connection
  • Suitable for new pool installations or existing pools.
  • Built-in WiFi connectivity and remote access capability via the mobile app for expanded control

What is a SWG?

Salt Water Chlorine Generator

How do you chlorinate your pool?

The reason I ask is if you do want a SWG getting it with the IntelliCenter would be the time to add it. The IntelliCenter bundled with the IntelliChlor SWG is a very good deal and includes the Wireless Link Kit and the SWG.

Also I see that the i5PS comes with WiFi. So why the need for the 900Mhz transceiver?

Pentair is saying the mobile app can connect into the IntelliCenter using WiFi on your phone.

The IntelliCenter connects into your home network using a RJ45 Ethernet cable. If you want to connect from the outdoor panel to your home network wireless then you need the 900MHZ Wireless Link.

The IntelliCenter does not have builtin Wifi communication or an antenna.

Salt Water Chlorine Generator

How do you chlorinate your pool?

The reason I ask is if you do want a SWG getting it with the IntelliCenter would be the time to add it. The IntelliCenter bundled with the IntelliChlor SWG is a very good deal and includes the Wireless Link Kit and the SWG.

Pentair is saying the mobile app can connect into the IntelliCenter using WiFi on your phone.

The IntelliCenter connects into your home network using a RJ45 Ethernet cable. If you want to connect from the outdoor panel to your home network wireless then you need the 900MHZ Wireless Link.

The IntelliCenter does not have builtin Wifi communication or an antenna.
Ah Ok.

So how much to add the SWG?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.