compool easy touch upgrade - NO COMM!

gerardo8a

Jan 18, 2023
San Jose CA
Here is my story , may be somebody can give me some advice.
I have a intelliflo pump connected to the main panel outside, and inside there is a remote controller that is connected via cable (not wireless). During the rains for some reason there is some water dripping through the cables, I tried to find if there was any wholes or access to water but can't find any so my guess is condensation. This water drops went directly to the connector where the com port block is (the little rectangle with wholes for the board pins and acces to connect cables on top of it) it was a little bit rusted and when this happened last time the AUX 7 just kept flashing but everything worked as expected (before and after I dried).
A few days there were some heavy rains and the AUX 7 kept flashing so I just ignored it, then after a few days of rain I realized that my pupmp was not working I thought it was broken, but I looked into it and I could start it manually, before is use to say something like no access or something because it was connected to the easy touch system.

I looked into the main panel outside and the filter button works but nothing happened. Then I looked into the speed section of the pump and it says "Status: NO COMM!" , I went inside to my remote panel and it just says "NO COM" at the top but still works, menaning its still on and I can navigate but I cannot access any data as it times out.
I opened my board and cleaned the 4 position Terminal plug (I remebered the name :) ), I even put it in vinager and bicarbonate, but same thing, no comm.

The plug was for cables and in the following order red, yellow, green, black. I'm asuming the red and black are the power? if this is true then the inside remote will not work if this two cables were to getting the power from the board, as I said there is a cable connected from the board com to some RJ45 that goes inside and inside in the control there is the same colors on the same position. So this made me think that power is flowing. Now the two middle cables are the yellow and green that control the pump. So after even checking continuiti with a multimeter on the 4 terminal plug and even using a block with 6 positions that is currently in the board but not used but it wan fit the 4 pins I tested everything and same thing so I discarded the 4 terminal block is damaged.

So my only two things toNot sure how I can test that power flows to the two middle pins with the multimeter, I believe is a 24AC but don't want to break it, so my last test will be to test the cable from the board to the pump, I assume because there is only two cables two connections from the cable that goes to the pump only two will beep. I looked at the cable and there is no damage but I still ahve not tested. I hope the cable is the problem, but its been working for the past two years (not sure when it was set) and seems in good condition (may be not).

So if the continuity is ok then my last guess is that the board is damaged on the comm port (the 4 pins) and it will require to be replaced, unless someone knows how this can be fixed. Replacing the board is around 800 + tax + installation (something I'm sure I can do) but before spending this kind of money I would like to know what else I can do of if someone know how this can be fix.

And of course I have tried turning on and off everything and moving the cables, taking them off and put them back again. etc... Just need any new fresh ideas in case I'm missing something. At least if someone knows that if the board is damaged how can I be sure it is. I will attach a few pictures so you have a better idea of what I talked about. Then you!

Attachments

• IMG_5032.jpg
    IMG_5032.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5038.jpg
    IMG_5038.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5039.jpg
    IMG_5039.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to TFP.

It is hard following all that you did.

I would replace the corroded red terminal block and cut back the wires to make new clean connections.

With a new terminal block I would just connect the green/yellow pump wires and see if you get COMM to the pump.

If you probed the green/yellow RS-485 lines with your meter with the power on you may have blown out the RS-485 chip. You should not touch the RS-485 lines or connect/disconnect anything with the panel power on.

Does your Indoor Control Panel still work?

Welcome to TFP.

It is hard following all that you did.

I would replace the corroded red terminal block and cut back the wires to make new clean connections.

With a new terminal block I would just connect the green/yellow pump wires and see if you get COMM to the pump.

If you probed the green/yellow RS-485 lines with your meter with the power on you may have blown out the RS-485 chip. You should not touch the RS-485 lines or connect/disconnect anything with the panel power on.

Does your Indoor Control Panel still work?
Yes the indoor panel is on but it also have the "NO COM" message. I can still move through the menus but I get time out if I try to access something regarding the schedule or pump. So thats makes me think that the two cables in the middle (yellow and green) could be damaged. Will check those and see if this could be the problem.

If the Indoor Control Panel is working then your RS-485 chip is still working.

i tested the continuity of the intelligible pump and it works so discarded the cable

I took the board off and clean it and now the light aux on seven is not blinking but 6 does not work

After plug it in the status of the pump menu says Normal but it reverts back to no comment after a minute or so
Looked at the intelliflow screen when this happened and it never seems to get connected so i’m lost on what else to do but replace the board but it’s expensive and don’t want to replace it if there still a way to make it work

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.