Manmeyco

Aug 30, 2023
Haverstraw, NY
Hey everyone, I have a Compool 3600 system controlling a pool and spa, that I want to upgrade to be able to control it from my phone when I'm away. I've been doing research, and it seems that, if I want to stay within Pentair, I can either upgrade to the Easytouch system with the Screenlogic2, or get the new IntelliCenter. I plan on doing all of the work myself.
Apparently the easytouch system is recently discontinued? Does that make it worth the increased cost for the intellicenter, or does the easytouch still perform as it should? I ask that because sometimes old "smart" devices become slow and worse to use than the older simpler systems. And how complicated is it to replace the whole panel, if I went with the intellicenter? Also, where would I buy the new systems, so far the only site I found is polytecpools.com.
Another consideration is that in addition to the valves to switch between the pool and spa, I have another electric valve for controlling a water-powered cleaning robot. I see that the compool has an "AUX VALVE" jumper to make an aux switch control a valve. In the easytouch upgrade manual it says that while the compool can have up to 4 valves, the easytouch can only have 2. Is that in addition to the two for the pool/spa? Because I have a manual valve that controls a heater bypass, that if possible I would like to automate as well, so it closes the bypass when the heater is on, and vice versa.
And one more question: I have a Jandy aquapure 1400 salt cell, with its own control panel. Is it possible for either the easytouch or the intellicenter to control the cell directly, so it can also be controlled via my phone? I just replaced the cell recently, so I don't want to replace it, just upgrade if possible.
I also do plan on calling pentair and asking them as well, but I figured it's good to ask around.

Apparently the easytouch system is recently discontinued?
Correct as of this year.
Does that make it worth the increased cost for the intellicenter, or does the easytouch still perform as it should?
This is up to you and your budget. The easytouch/screenlogic still operates like it should.
And how complicated is it to replace the whole panel, if I went with the intellicenter?
This is solely based on your experience with high/low electrical.
the easytouch can only have 2
Pool/spa intake pool/spa return valve A valve B you get 2 additional on top of the intake/return usually used for pool/spa combo.
And one more question: I have a Jandy aquapure 1400 salt cell, with its own control panel. Is it possible for either the easytouch or the intellicenter to control the cell directly, so it can also be controlled via my phone?
They will not communicate.
Note:
The intellicenter comes with antenna and compatible with personal devices.

The easytouch/screenlogic still operates like it should.
Good to hear, the easytouch is much cheaper from what I see so I'd rather that.
This is solely based on your experience with high/low electrical.
I have experience, but regarding compatibility, is it relatively "plug & play" (e.g. not more work than: label all wires > disconnect wires > remove old panel > mount and install new panel > connect wires back)? As in, does it require additional power sources, new valve actuators, running new wires, etc.
Pool/spa intake pool/spa return valve A valve B you get 2 additional on top of the intake/return usually used for pool/spa combo.
So that's two that I could use for the robot valve and heater valve, potentially
The intellicenter comes with antenna and compatible with personal devices.
So it doesn't need any additional equipment to connect to my phone? On polytec, the easytouch with screenlogic is about $1200, and the cheapest intellicenter kit is $2200. Trying to decide if there's $1000 worth of benefits with the new system.

Welcome to TFP.

Checkout my thread on installing an IntelliCenter…

If you get an EasyTouch system it will never change or be upgraded.

The IntelliCenter is modular and gets over the air firmware updates. It has networking integrated into it.

Checkout my thread on installing an IntelliCenter…

The IntelliCenter is modular and gets over the air firmware updates. It has networking integrated into it.
Thanks! It doesn't look too hard, and my breaker panel is separate, so I can get the intellicenter lite that doesn't have the load center, and it'll be cheaper and I'll have less conduit to worry about.

I've been thinking, though, that money is kinda tight around here, and I have spare time at home... so maybe it's worth a look into the DIY route. I see there's some threads here regarding other people that have done it, so I'll head down that rabbit hole, I'll be back in a week 😆. I'll update back here once I make a decision.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.