compool 3600 to intellicenter???

Key0nee

Oct 27, 2023
Las Vegas, NV
hello all, i am a new pool owner in las vegas. bought a house early this year with a 16400gl pool/spa. there is a compool3600 automation system installed functioning but it looks like the previous owner removed two valve actuators a while ago so i have an automated system without the main piece of automation… but everything else works fine…

i am into home automation in a big way and would like to import my pool data into my home automation environment….(i understand there are third party methods to do this)

i believe the off the shelf method to do this is an easy touch and screen logic setup

after trying to educate myself on possible upgrade paths i see that the easy touch upgrade path was recently discontinued but that there are still some saying that this is a viable upgrade

before going this route i want to understand if there is a upgrade path or kit directly from compool 3600 to intellicenter? it looks like the upgrade kits for intellicenter are for folks with an easy touch system… and my logic there is if i can upgrade to easy touch wouldn’t i be able to upgrade again to intellicenter???

the intellicenter upgrade kit that looks to suite my situation best is 522046..

i am looking for advise and/or confirmation that this can be done… i am most curious about

will the Intellicter panel fit in the my existing enclosure

does remote or wireless functionality of the intellicenter require a cloud account with pentair…

any help is greatly appreciated and as alway on forums… question comments, and just plain wise crack remarks are all welcomed

Welcome to the forum!
You cannot upgrade a Compool directly to an Intellicenter. You may be able to go to an EasyTouch, which is also now obsolete. However, the normal upgrade discussed is from a CP3800. So not sure on a CP3600.
It would be best to just install a new Intellicenter if you wish to use that system. That may or may not achieve your Home Automation desires.
Hang on for more input.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Key,

The upgrade to the EasyTouch, just replaces the main circuit card and the front panel.. The old enclosure and relays are still used.

You can't 'upgrade' what you have to the new IntelliCenter. You basically have to replace what you have now, with a complete new IntelliCenter..

None of your old remotes will work....

Thanks,

Jim R.

You will need a Screenlogic protocol adapter (and an antenna) to get wireless functionality with an Easy Touch
Hmmm... will the wireless controller PN# 520547 work without the protocol adapter??? I just skimmed an overview I found but it kinda reads that way... hopefully I can add that later... I know I'll need to replace the compool control panel and currently researching the wired vs the wireless panels that are advertised to work with the easy touch upgrade

Last edited:
I do not have much experience with the Pentair remotes.

You need a protocol adapter to use Screenlogic.

Key,

If you have ScreenLogic, there is just no reason to have a Pentair remotes.

Outside you can just use the main panel.. Inside you can use your phone, a tablet, or your PC.

I don't think that your original remotes will work with the new EasyTouch...

Let's see what Tom says... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey Keyonee, welcome! Not sure if I'm getting all the questions answered but here's a start:
1. screenlogic (protocol adapter) will let you control the pool from the internet... it has an ethernet port to connect to your home router (no wifi). It intercepts and injects commands on the easytouch's rs485 bus and there are windows/android/iphone apps that go with it that allow you to setup and also control your pool. it can be connected to the outdoor board either by a hard-wired cable, or by using a wireless link (a pair of wireless transceivers, 2.4ghz if i recall)
2. the easytouch wireless remote (aka wireless controller) does not need the screenlogic protocol adapter... it's an entirely different system that uses 900mhz wireless transceivers (one inside the handheld remote, another that is a small card that plugs into the outdoor board)
3. i personally like a hard-wired indoor controller... it does the same thing as the easytouch wireless remote, but it's less fussy (the wireless remote's transceiver cards sometimes fail). the indoor controller will back up your settings but that's not as big a deal if you have a screenlogic to reprogram them.
4. you mentioned that you're into the home-automation scene, so personally I'd forgo the screenlogic and maybe even the indoor or wireless controller and instead look into the "free" node js pool controller setup. it'll run on a raspberry pi and lets you do everything the screenlogic does. Pentair IntelliCenter Pool Control Dashboard Instructional Guide

hope that helps!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hey you're welcome... given your interest in the home automation stuff, I'd forgo the intellicenter and just get a compool to et upgrade if you can find an inexpensive one, or just an easytouch. Skip everything else and just get yourself node js running... I bet you'll love it!

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.