Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
From a local pool supplier:
Pentair: Intelliflo 3, Mastertemp 400k, CNC Plus 520 sq ft filter, Intellicenter, IC60 SWG = $12323.48
Hayward: Tristar VS 950, H Series 400k, Swim Clear 525 sq ft filter, Omni Plus, 340 T cell SWG = $10,939.49

At Polytec, I've priced the pentair stuff out to $10378.85. The benefit of the local supplier is that they seem to be willing to warranty a DIY install. Not sure if that's worth the extra price though.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Warranty a DIY install for how long?

What does that warranty mean? From the store or Pentair? You have any confidence in how the store will service the warranty a year later?

Spend part of the $2,000 savings buying from Polytec and pay someone who meets Pentair’s definition of a Professional to review your install and give you an invoice. Then you qualify for Pentair’s warranty.

Read Pentair’s warranty and how purchasing three products on one invoice can qualify for a 3 year warranty.

Warranty a DIY install for how long?

What does that warranty mean? From the store or Pentair? You have any confidence in how the store will service the warranty a year later?

Spend part of the $2,000 savings buying from Polytec and pay someone who meets Pentair’s definition of a Professional to review your install and give you an invoice. Then you qualify for Pentair’s warranty.

Read Pentair’s warranty and how purchasing three products on one invoice can qualify for a 3 year warranty.
According to them, this would be a 3-year Pentair warranty: "The warranty comes from Pentair but we file it for you, provide the part, and the labor then we turn it into Pentair."

According to them, this would be a 3-year Pentair warranty: "The warranty comes from Pentair but we file it for you, provide the part, and the labor then we turn it into Pentair."
So then it is not a DIY install. Their price includes labor to install it.

So then it is not a DIY install. Their price includes labor to install it.
No, they’re talking about if there’s a warranty issue post install. It would be a diy install but I’m guessing they’ll inspect it and sign off on it.

No, they’re talking about if there’s a warranty issue post install. It would be a diy install but I’m guessing they’ll inspect it and sign off on it.
Sounds sketchy to me. You need to decide if they will stand behind warranty issues.

Reactions: nrobfd_pl
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.