Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi, everyone!!!!

I need to update my sig line to reflect that we have two swgs on the pool now... normally does just fine, but we’re fighting an algae bloom that’s trying to get started... I’m going to go get some bleach now, but need to prob add dichlor too to bring cya up...

It’s going to be over 100 today with extreme UV—my thought is to bring up chlorine to slam level now, and then add whatever dichlor might help overnight??? Ideas?

Folks will be here all weekend, though tomorrow will be a low pool use day...

(Both SWGs are set at 100% with full speed on pump—we run it 24/7)

Recent logs:

==========================================
The Mullett
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Plaster
Volume: 38500 gallons
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 3.5 (34 seconds ago)
CC: 1.5 (34 seconds ago)
pH: 7.2 (34 seconds ago)
TA: 110 (34 seconds ago)
CH: 550 (one month ago)
CYA: 30 (34 seconds ago)
SALT: 3400 (34 seconds ago)
TEMPERATURE: 93° (34 seconds ago)
CSI: -0.07 (34 seconds ago)
==========================================
Test Results 06-28-2018 @ 06:41 AM
Free Chlorine: 3.5
Combined Chlorine: 1.5
pH: 7.2
Total Alkalinity: 110
CYA: 30
Salt: 3400
Temperature: 93°F
CSI: -0.07

Test Results 06-27-2018 @ 12:05 PM
Free Chlorine: 6.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.5
Salt: 3400
Temperature: 93°F
CSI: -0.07

Maintenance 06-27-2018 @ 12:04 PM
Vacuumed

Test Results 06-26-2018 @ 11:46 AM
Free Chlorine: 12.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.5
Total Alkalinity: 110
Salt: 3500
Temperature: 91°F
CSI: -0.09

Chemical Addition 06-25-2018 @ 12:46 PM
+ 7 Pounds of Dichlor

Chemical Addition 06-25-2018 @ 12:43 PM
+ 3.5 Gallons of Bleach

Maintenance 06-25-2018 @ 12:43 PM
Cleaned Filter, Backwashed, Brushed

* we run the dolphin M500 daily—I just don’t always log it [emoji4]
*have brushed daily this week as well

Recommendations?????

Thanks all!!!!

ec23b1edaa9653988745750bab6dbe61.jpg

What seems to be the issue?

Your CYA us under what we recommend for a SWCG pool which is causing you to run your SWCG's more than necessary. You do not say what model the IC is. The IC shows low salt, most likely reading 2800 ppm or so. It is not fully creating the chlorine it can. The Jandy at 100% 24 hours a day should be providing enough chlorine to the pool on its own.

Yes, raise it up to shock level and follow the SLAM process, I would hold off raising the CYA until you are confident any algae issues have been resolved and your CCs are .5 or less.

It will be alot easier and you'll use a lot less bleach by holding off, and you can add the liquid from time to time throughout the visit to keep the chlorine levels up. Just say the pool needs a 15 minute time out (gives any kids a chance to go to the bathroom in a bathroom ;) lol)

Thanks! Sorry about that—the second swg is a Pentair IC 60— it does read low—it wants 3600 ppm, but Jandy wants lower???? Should I add salt? Typically we run the Pentair at 100%, and the adjust Jandy to meet demand... added Pentair b/c Jandy alone wasn’t producing enough first season... pool gets 10-12 hours full sun if cover (auto) is open...

Have played with keeping cover on when not in use to conserve chlorine, but we’re advised against it?

Pool is approx 22x40, but has tanning ledge and 8.5-9ft deep cannon ball well at deep end (approx 1/3 of pool) shallow end slopes from 3.5-5 feet ish (2/3 of pool)... my gallon estimate is my best guess.

Worry about the salt and percentages later, after your visitors have left and you can focus on the pool.

Keeping the pool covered can increase your CC level. Sunlight helps reduce CCs.

You are correct, and the Jandy will not generate if it reads the salt too high. Is there a reason for the combo that utilize different requirements?

When we were facing that issue of chlorine production, couldn’t get another Jandy locally (the rep switched to Pentair—and that was our our pool builder’s guy)...

Also, we have super hard water—kinda out in the country and are at the end of the water line—so CH is high always... nothing we can really do about it, so we get lots of calcium flakes, too...

When we were facing that issue of chlorine production, couldn’t get another Jandy locally (the rep switched to Pentair—and that was our our pool builder’s guy)...

Also, we have super hard water—kinda out in the country and are at the end of the water line—so CH is high always... nothing we can really do about it, so we get lots of calcium flakes, too...

Ugh. Well, you're gonna have issues all the time with that combo. Are you keeping the PH in check so the blades don't get coated? (I'm not a fan of the Jandy. Temperamental. LOL) Maybe consider getting rid of the Jandy all together and just stick with Pentair?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.