PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Ok here it goes. I have a pentair easy-touch system. Approx 12 years old. I started getting communication timeouts flashing on my handheld when I attempted anything on it. I thought it was wire issues between transceiver and the panel. Replaced it prior to pool opening. It worked for about 2 days, then timeouts again. I re-adrressed numerous times. The display is updating with pool temp,air temp, heater setpoint and it panel mode however unable to pool perform any commands on the handheld without getting comm. Timeout. It's almost like the handheld cannot send the command. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If you can get the time and temp, then it seems like it's partly working... try this: turn on an Aux circuit at the outdoor board and see if the corresponding Aux LED on the remote eventually lights up.

If the wiring is all good... unless you're handheld has gotten moisture and/or has some corrosion on the components inside then the transceiver is usually the next thing to go. Crack open the egg-shell case and see if there's any corrosion on there.

If you can get the time and temp, then it seems like it's partly working... try this: turn on an Aux circuit at the outdoor board and see if the corresponding Aux LED on the remote eventually lights up.

If the wiring is all good... unless you're handheld has gotten moisture and/or has some corrosion on the components inside then the transceiver is usually the next thing to go. Crack open the egg-shell case and see if there's any corrosion on there.
No aux. Circuits work either. Pulled out the tranceiver circuit card and cleaned up connections which didn't help. The 485 link along with the rf link led's are flashing intermittently

Sorry misunderstood. Yes when I depress any of the aux buttons on the control panel I see it on my handheld

oh, that's interesting, ok... so either the transceiver card is able to send but not receive, or the remote itself is able to receive but not send (i think that's less likely). that also means the wiring to your transceiver is ok... it's a differential signal so it needs green AND yellow to have a good connection.

few questions:
  1. Have you got anything else connected to the comm port, like a pump or a screenlogic? If those work then we can rule out the comm chip on the outdoor board?
  2. what is the fccid on the back of your handheld... EASYTOUCH or EASYTOUCH2A? that'll tell me which transceiver card you've got (Linx or Laird chipset).
  3. had you had any storms around when you first noticed this failure?

oh, that's interesting, ok... so either the transceiver card is able to send but not receive, or the remote itself is able to receive but not send (i think that's less likely). that also means the wiring to your transceiver is ok... it's a differential signal so it needs green AND yellow to have a good connection.

few questions:
  1. Have you got anything else connected to the comm port, like a pump or a screenlogic? If those work then we can rule out the comm chip on the outdoor board?
  2. what is the fccid on the back of your handheld... EASYTOUCH or EASYTOUCH2A? that'll tell me which transceiver card you've got (Linx or Laird chipset).
  3. had you had any storms around when you first noticed this failure?
It's a p4heasytouch for the fcc Id. No storms. It started out as intermittent last season. I thought for sure it was a connection issue bc when it was cool/damp in the morning it wouldn't work, but as the day warmed up,it started working. I replaced the wiring between the transceiver and control panel cleaned all connections and even resoldered the connector to the circuit board in case of a broken solder joint. I have nothing else connected to the com port except for the intellichlor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.