Communication lost

gleasont

Apr 10, 2023
Las Vegas
My Variable Speed Drive Assembly 356878, fried at the wire connections and burnt the circut board. (Code F90052) it appears that I was receiving this code as far back as Oct 2020 after checking the error history. So I found a used replacement assembly on Ebay (as I am currently unemployed) I installed it and it works great at the pump controls only. I connot operate from my phone or my PC, as I have a communicaation lost fault. How do I clear this or correct this??

Thank you
Tim Gleason
Las Vegas, NV
1681156534190.png1681156479538.png1681155664383.png1681155554579.png

You sure the communications cable is connected properly between the pump and the EasyTouch PCB?

I suspect the used control head has a blown RS-485 Comm chip which is why it was pulled out.

@Jimrahbe @ogdento may be helpful with more diagnostics.

Gleason,

Did your new (used) drive come with a keypad?? If not, the com chips are inside the keypad, so if it is the original, it may be bad.

With the Automation in Auto and Pool or Spa mode, look at the pump's display and tell me if it is blank, shows an RPM display, or if it shows "Display Not active".

If being controlled by the Automation, it should say "Display not active".
If it shows an RPM screen of some type, it means the automation is not controlling the pump. (System could be in the Service mode)
If the display is blank, it means your pump is not getting constant AC power.

Obviously, for the pump to be controlled by the automation, the com cable between the pump's control head and the J20 com port must be connected. You might want to check both sides of the pump connection, as we have seen the pins corroded completely off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Gleason,

Did your new (used) drive come with a keypad?? If not, the com chips are inside the keypad, so if it is the original, it may be bad.

With the Automation in Auto and Pool or Spa mode, look at the pump's display and tell me if it is blank, shows an RPM display, or if it shows "Display Not active".

If being controlled by the Automation, it should say "Display not active".
If it shows an RPM screen of some type, it means the automation is not controlling the pump. (System could be in the Service mode)
If the display is blank, it means your pump is not getting constant AC power.

Obviously, for the pump to be controlled by the automation, the com cable between the pump's control head and the J20 com port must be connected. You might want to check both sides of the pump connection, as we have seen the pins corroded completely off.

Thanks,

Jim R.
No I used my key pad. The display shows RPMs

1681176527246.png

Gleason,

Just to make sure...

Use your ScreenLogic app to turn on a pool light. Make sure the app show it on (green). Then go and make sure the light is actually on. Then go over to the EasyTouch panel and use the Aux button to turn the light off. Then make sure the app shows the light is off.

If that works it means your com port has two way communications and the problem has to be the pump.. Or in your case the key pad.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Gleason,

Just to make sure...

Use your ScreenLogic app to turn on a pool light. Make sure the app show it on (green). Then go and make sure the light is actually on. Then go over to the EasyTouch panel and use the Aux button to turn the light off. Then make sure the app shows the light is off.

If that works it means your com port has two way communications and the problem has to be the pump.. Or in your case the key pad.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you Jim I will try this tonight and again Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.