Commercial Vacuum System Options And Experiences

Aug 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
The water park where I work has been renovated, with a new vacuum system put in in the process. The old system had underwater plugs in the pool that you could unscrew to connect the vacuum hose, similer to what a residential pool has. But my boss didn't like that everything vacuumed up went in to the main filters. So this system was removed, a portable vacuum with wheels was purchased, and additional power outlets were installed around the park for it. This seems like a downgrade to me, because we have to lug the heavy vacuum around the park, and I always get air in the hose because it's out of the water. Is there anyone who has worked with both of these systems in either a residential or commercial environment and would share there experiences?

I also see other types of vacuum systems, such as "automatic" vacuums that go on the end of a pool and spin, as well as pressure side filters. Are these practical in a commercial environment?

Also, what is the general consensuses for robotic vacuums in a commercial environment? We have a Dolphin one for one of our pools, but it is undersized. Always full of sand and hair after a busy day. Do all facilities still spend a few hours manually vacuuming everyday, or just mine?

Any opinions and experiences are welcome! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.