Colorsplash Pool Light Installation

Aug 16, 2009
Naples/FL
I have a 22 year old Pool/Spa, with 2 pool lights and 1 spa light.
The pool/spa is controlled by Aqualink RS6.
The existing lights were identified as Amerlite lights.
After some research and discussion, I was advised to purchase J & J Colorsplash LED 110 volt lamps to convert to color lights.
I did so.
The pool light replacement went well.
The spa light became an issue.
When I removed the spa lamp, I was shocked to discover that the spa light was a 2 pin,
EYC 75 watt, 12 volt MR-16, Halogen lamp.
The J & J Colorsplash 110v lamp had a regular screw on base.
I re-installed the old 2 pin lamp back in the spa light hoping that at least I would have the new color lights for the pool, but unfortunately now I have no working lights.
I am afraid that the spa light has to be a LED for the combination to work.
Anybody have had a similar experience and found a solution for it??

Texas Splash,
No, I did not get any response from anyone on this Forum.
I have had family medical issues that has taken me away, so I have not been monitoring this.
Unfortunately, I was given bad information regarding my old existing Amerlite lights.
They were not 110 volts, but were 12 volts, so my Aqualink RS6 is configured to send 12 volts to the lights.
I need to change that setting to 110 volts.
If you can point me to any info that can help me make that change, I would be thankful.

Q,

I am not a Jandy guy, but all these systems work about the same way...

With a 12 volt system, the automation sends 120 volts to an external transformer which reduces the voltage to 12 volts AC, which is then wired into the light in the pool.

So changing from 12 Volt AC to 120 volts AC will require you to take the transformer out of the circuit. Before I did that I would want to make sure the 120 volts going to the transformer was supplied by a working GFCI outlet or circuit breaker.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: setsailsoon
My Texan buddy Jim is on a good track. ( was my 12 pack shiners lost in the mail? Still looking..)

I dont recommend an individual seeking advice perform this work.

This modification will exit the pools “as built” closed permit,” and welcome any related incident liabilities.

Q,

I am not a Jandy guy, but all these systems work about the same way...

With a 12 volt system, the automation sends 120 volts to an external transformer which reduces the voltage to 12 volts AC, which is then wired into the light in the pool.

So changing from 12 Volt AC to 120 volts AC will require you to take the transformer out of the circuit. Before I did that I would want to make sure the 120 volts going to the transformer was supplied by a working GFCI outlet or circuit breaker.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jimrahbe.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.