Cloudy water

jkeefauver

Jun 7, 2019
Hanover, PA
Been using TFP for years. Am having one of those years where the water just refuses to clear. Been in SLAM for 5 days, FC at or near targets entire time. PH is 7.2, (checked at FC 10), TA is 120 (at least 30 pts high for my pool). CYA is 50. Using 10% chlorine, have added probably 30 gallons which seems insane compared to other years! Water is blue and Cloudy, cannot see pool bottom. Anyone got a solution?

Going by your pool math logs, your FC has bounced around quite a bit and while elevated it is not at SLAM levels most of the time.

For example:
3 days ago your FC was 17, then drifted down to 13.5 and no chlorine addition was logged
2 days ago your FC drifted further down to 7.5, then you added 2 gallons to get you back to SLAM level

Dose to your SLAM level of 20 and try to keep it there consistently. I also noticed that you are testing and adjusting pH during the SLAM. Your pH test is not valid when FC is over 10, so I would ignore that and only focus on the chlorine during the SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.