Cloudy water

Ok I'm about to slam my pool, I thought I had the algae under control but I guess not, I have been getting it pretty bad the last couple days.... I have a question tho..... My CYA rose up to 80 is that ok to spam the pool? I know with that my shock level went up big time but is it still ok to slam it? And my CC is at 0 is that ok?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you can drain half of your water first, it'll require less chlorine to SLAM. But if you don't mind buying enough chlorine to keep FC above 32, there's no reason you can't do it with your CYA at 80.

CC = 0 is good.

Yes, keep FC at 32 or above and run your pump 24x7 until your water is clear and then you can see if you can pass an OCLT.

Have you read Pool School yet?

Yes, I'm sorry I get confused sometimes..... My learning disability with comprehension kicks in and forget what I read, that's why I ask a lot of questions on here..... if I get too annoying on here just let me know

Hi Russo
Yes please maintain FC at 35 for several days, until you can pass an OCLT

I suggest you print out the link below and put it next to your test kit. There is a lot of information in there and it can be hard to remember it all. That way you can easily reread it and pick up on all the hints and tricks
SLAM

Dont forget you can swim whenever the FC falls to 31 or less. When you finish swimming just add bleach to bring it back up to 32

Dont worry about what seems like a high level of chlorine. It is actually less active chlorine than you would normally get from chlorinated town water

I hope your slam goes quickly and you pass OCLT in a few days
:D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Day 2 of slamming, woke up with algea still...... Tested water chlorine was at 32.5 added about 16 ounces to get it up there past 33. Water was clear but still algea, I brushed the whole pool again so I'm sure it's gonna get cloudy again

A SLAM, especially with algae evident, can take many days. I've seen them go weeks at times. Keep the pump going 24/7 and keep up the good work with the hourly testing. With your extra high CYA and FC you could switch to 5ml testing. With 5ml testing, each drop is 1ppm FC.

I have a aqua pro 2 hspr cartridge filter, yes have been running it for 3 days since I started, I woke up this morning and there was algea, I'm hoping maybe it is dead algea and am vacuuming it as we speak so I'm hoping it picks it up

It's so weird, I went thru the whole summer with no algea problems... A little in the beginning a little algea here and there I would just brush it and it was gone. What I don't get is now that I am slamming it it's been 3 days of chlorine being 32 and or above and I wake with algea all on the bottom..... I brushed and vacuumed this morning and here it is at 4:35 I look and I can see it starting to form again, I just don't get.... Don't understand how it all of a sudden got like this after the whole summer didn't have this problem..... I figured with the chlorine being this high for 3 days and running the filter for 4 it would be dead by now... Ugh...... Sorry for the rant just frustrated

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.