Cloudy water and leaves in the bottom

I just read back over you thread and have to remind you that you did have a lot of leaves and yuck in the beginning. It is almost like you really started when you got that out.

Did you get every leaf out? Have you vacuumed the pool? How often are you able to test and dose the FC?

TFP and bleach works! It does take time. I wish we could buy time but...............

Kim

You have taken the top off and looked at the sand so you know it is not channeled.

Is there a good flow from the returns when the pump is on?

Does the skimmer pull good with the pump on?

One more major step you can do it take all of the sand out. A shop vac works great for this. That way you can see if any of the parts of the filter are broken or off.

If you do this you have to be REAL careful putting the sand back in. Do a search to find how to do it.

I really think you just need some POP! (pool owners patience) It is going to take time.

Hugs!

Kim

It is said that "dirty" sand cleans better than new sand. I don't know how true it is but...........with all of the years of experience on this board I listen to them.

What you can do is put the sand in a wheel barrow and clean it that way or if you really want to just get all new. It is up to you.

I have not gone through your thread. Have you talked about adding DE to your filter to help it get the fine stuff out of the water?

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I open a dirty pool, I try to brush the pool while the jet is set to make a whirlpool so stuff tends to settle in the middle. A few hours after brushing, I vacuum the middle to waste, and then the rest of the pool on filter mode. After that, I start shocking the pool.

Have you thoroughly checked in and around your ladder for pockets of algae? This is a very common hiding place for the last remnants of algae during a SLAM. If possible, remove the ladder and thoroughly sanitize it. Otherwise, take a small brush and give it a good going-over.

As others have said, it will take time to filter out all the dead algae. Keep removing any debris that falls into the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.