Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi. I have back flushed and run on rinse on my sand filter until clear water shows. Yet, when I change from a lower speed to a higher speed ... like 2300rpm on my Hayward VSP pump, I get cloudy return water. My thought is that the sand is just not clean enough, and when the SVP pump is set higher, it maybe displaces the sand more causing dirty particles in the sand to get pushed up vs when running at lower speed. I don't know. Just trying to make sense of it. Maybe need new sand? But why is it clear in site glass when back flushing or rinsing? Maybe time to get that cartridge filter. :)

Thanks
Rich

I suppose your theory is possible. A higher rpm is displacing the sand better to stir-up the sand much more aggressively. What rpm do you usually backwash at? Also, how old is your filter? Have you done any repairs on it in the past (new sand, laterals, MPV, etc)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.