Cloudy blue pool water

Sounds like your on the last step. Do the OCLT tonight and see if you pass (I'm guessing you will). This will make 100% sure there is NOTHING living in your pool. If so, allow the chlorine to drop to normal day to day levels (between 5FC--9FC) and test the PH. Have some borax on hand if you think you'll need to raise your PH.

Boo! I tested last night after sundown and it was 27. Now it is 25.5:(:(
So close but not within 0.5 so I am assuming I need to shock it again and run the overnight test again tomorrow? Sigh! I am going to run out of the chlorine test drops at this rate. Can I buy more individually??
The pool looks great though! Water is very clear!

That's it!! I will order more:) thank u!
I was so close..but I will shock again today. It is supposed to be 97 and sunny today so I thought I would shock to a higher level as I lost a ton of chlorine yesterday with even less sun. I work nights so I am asleep all day. Does that work u think? Maybe to 30 or so?

SCORE!

Now just remember to use the pool calculator and keep your FC between the suggested levels. It doesn't take long to raise your ph if needed so I'd say the pool will be rocking it this weekend.

Don't be shocked however if it gets cloudy some after the party. Just keep the pump running and take it to the higher end of the suggested levels. Enjoy your new pool!

My chlorine drifted super fast today. Was way hot and sunny and I think the kids spent the entire day in there. It is at 10.5 tonight and I am adding water. With any luck I should be able to balance ph tomorrow:). I am figuring with 5O plus people at the party I will need to shock it that night just to be safe:). Here in Indiana we haven't had a cloudy or rainy day for weeks!!! It's just hot hot hot! Thank u so much for all your help!!!! Now only bleach and such for me. But what to do with all the stupid chemicals I just bought. Craigs list perhaps:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool looks fabulous! I am so excited(and grateful!) I have 2 more questions though...
Should I keep using the fiber clear every time I backwash?
Secondly. I have 2 of the really big solar panels. It is supposed to cool off some tonight. Can I use them? The guy who put in the pool said they would ruin my pump! They are the flat sun grabber panels. The largest size. Or is there something I can put in the pool (like a liquid solar cover) to help it retain heat. The lAst thing I wanna do is put something in that would screw it all up again!
Thanks!
Amy

Depending on what chemicals you've got, you maybe able to use them. Now that you know what's what in your pool each can be used to overcome problems. Just depends on what they are.

To help catch all the littlest stuff floating keep using the de. Just depends on what your water looks like and your preference. Last, no idea about the solar panels. Never used them.

You probably dont need the fiber clear for day to day stuff now that the load on the filter is much reduced. The real problem with using it all the time is you'll need to backwash your filter pretty often (as you've noticed). Personally I'd just use it if I felt I needed it.

There's no reason why you cant use the solar panels you have - BUT - depending on you pump and plumbing there may be some plumbing considerations. You may want to start a new thread with some pics of your existing equipment, where the panels would go, etc. That way the plumbing experts will see it and chime in.

Congrats on the pool. Enjoy the party!

oh... and just a suggestion, DO NOT attempt to use those panels before your party. If they are full of water, you have no idea what the water looks like inside the tubes and I would hate to mess up the pool right before your party.

I have heard that if you use a garden hose, you can create a solar heater on your deck or out in the lawn. Place all of the clean garden hose in the pool, you make a loop out of the middle of the hose out on the deck/grass in a sunny area (both ends stay in the pool). Lift one end of the hose out of the water and start a siphon using the pool water and have the water flow from the pool, into the hose in the sun, and have it go back into the pool. It can (may) pick up some heat out in the sunny area. A dark colored hose may work better.

I'm currently having this issue. One thing few people mention is to make sure you have all the leaf matter out of pool! Leaves will suck up chlorine like you wouldn't believe! I'm currently still shocking mine, running the filter and backwashing twice a day. My water is balanced and CYA is very low. I'll get there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.