Cloudiness won't go away!

Well, of course bump the FC back up to 24 based on your (rounded-up) CYA of 60 to keep your SLAM going. Something I learned a while back on my own pool was that more is not always better or always understood. By that I simply mean that if your SLAM FC is 24, going a little higher (like you did this morning to 27) may be practical if we're away from home and using the added FC as insurance. I do that too. But at the same time we have to remember that since we're so high over our normal target FC level based on our CYA, the extra (higher) FC will get eliminated quicker either by the sun or remaining algae (or both). So we have to be vigilant to keep the FC high for a SLAM in-part because of algae and because the extra FC is vulnerable to sun loss. I hope I'm saying that correctly. If not, I'll get "TFP-spanked" by the crew. :)

In any case, I would say maintain, maintain, maintain! Your true report card will be the overnight loss test. That's when your FC is higher than normal (like now), but there is NO sun to steal the FC (or less than 1 ppm). So if you fail, you know it's algae-related.

Keep it going!

Well, of course bump the FC back up to 24 based on your (rounded-up) CYA of 60 to keep your SLAM going. Something I learned a while back on my own pool was that more is not always better or always understood. By that I simply mean that if your SLAM FC is 24, going a little higher (like you did this morning to 27) may be practical if we're away from home and using the added FC as insurance. I do that too. But at the same time we have to remember that since we're so high over our normal target FC level based on our CYA, the extra (higher) FC will get eliminated quicker either by the sun or remaining algae (or both). So we have to be vigilant to keep the FC high for a SLAM in-part because of algae and because the extra FC is vulnerable to sun loss. I hope I'm saying that correctly. If not, I'll get "TFP-spanked" by the crew.

In any case, I would say maintain, maintain, maintain! Your true report card will be the overnight loss test. That's when your FC is higher than normal (like now), but there is NO sun to steal the FC (or less than 1 ppm). So if you fail, you know it's algae-related.

Keep it going!
TS, that is ONE fine post. You could not have been more clear or succinct.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you don't mind 12.5%, try the Del Val across from the Lowes in Mantua. They keep in indoors at that location. I'm not sure where its kept at the one on the Pike. They have 2.5 gal and 5 gal containers. 2.5 is $9.99 plus $4.50 deposit for carboy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.