Closing with a diving board

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
I closed my pool yesterday without any issues. The way I have the pumps wired in now allowed me to quickly remove the pumps and put them in storage. I think this will extend the life but we shall see. I do have a question about diving boards. I removed the actual board but was planning to leave the base. Should I also remove the base or will it be fine to leave it out over the winter? I am worried about it filling with water since the board is off. What is everyone's thoughts?

Joshua:

I do not take my board apart. Although, I have seen a cover for the diving board, while not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=diving+board+cover&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=77859171027832&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8jjjew5a3z_e

Really considering purchasing one, but have to figure out how to clean the board like real new. I have tried bleach, PH balanced cleaners, but just a little better.
Not sure how old my board is as it was here when I purchased the house. Took it off last year to inspect and had a time getting the bolts off. They had severly rusted. They had actually decreassed in diameter due to rusting away. Bought all new hardware and figured it was better to remove each year so the bolts don't rust so bad. I coat them with grease before storing them now. We shall see if it's worth my time.

I actually check the bolts each year and spray some WD40 and lithium grease and so far no rusting has occurred. I do understand your point. If the board was easy to remove and put back on, I would do the same thing. But the bolts are a real PIA to remove as you have seen.

I actually check the bolts each year and spray some WD40 and lithium grease and so far no rusting has occurred. I do understand your point. If the board was easy to remove and put back on, I would do the same thing. But the bolts are a real PIA to remove as you have seen.
Who knows how old mine where but the worst rust was where the bolt was covered by the diving board. The threads looked fine. I used anti seize on the bolts and they came off very easy this time. Plan to coat them again before installing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.