2neuges

Jun 26, 2023
Paragould, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We recently replaced our solid safety cover with a mesh cover (going mesh saved us money which is one of the reasons we chose it). We have no internal way to drain our pool below the skimmer...will that be low enough to last us during the winter without an overflow? We live in northeast Arkansas, and plan to open in late April or early May.

Buy a sump pump from your local Harbor Freight (on Kings Highway) or pick one up on Amazon.

Place it inside a 5 gallon bucket (to protect your vinyl liner) on the bottom of the pool and drain away. This will easily lower the water lefel below the skimmer- and protect the pool pump from running dry if you get distracted while you're draining.

Reactions: 2neuges
I bought a cousin of this $83 monster. I happened to have a 1 inch backwash hose laying around so I'm currently using that. One day I'll upgrade to 1.5 inch for even more flow.

With a permeable cover, keep an eye on it monthly this season. You'll likely have to drain more mid season. If I haven't recently, I like to drain right before a big freeze to ensure it's nor an issue until it all melts.

Reactions: 2neuges
I made a siphon drain hose for mine to keep it from filling up too much over the winter and have a mesh cover as well. Use the sump pump to get the water level where it needs to be.

Reactions: 2neuges and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.