Closing after installing new liner

Jim'spool

May 23, 2020
NE Ohio
Hello. We just had a new liner installed and are refilling the pool. What do I do about the chemicals before closing? Can I add them without filling it full and turning on the circulation system or can i get away without balancing everything before covering? thank you.

If you can get enough water in the pool to run the pump for a couple hours or more, that should mix the water enough to get a good sample for testing so that you can add chemicals as needed. Then you should be fine to close. Hope that helps.

I see you’re trying to avoid filling then draining again and having to drain all the equipment.
Do you have a submersible pump? If so you can do what you’re proposing using that to circulate & have a stream to pour chems in taking care to brush things well & avoid anything resting on the liner.
Be sure to account for less water volume in your PoolMath
calculations if you’re not filling all the way up.
You’ll mainly be concerned with ph (in the 7’s)
Having some Cya (which can be a bit tricky dissolving in cold water unless you use liquid)
& slam level fc for closing.
FC/CYA Levels
You don’t really want to go all winter with no fc.
That’s how you get a swamp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.