Climbing Rings

Cherie

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2008
Wylie, Texas
We recently bought a Dolphin Proteus DX4 for our buried Doughboy. Since I sweep fairly regularly, we don't want the cleaner wasting time climbing the vinyl walls. Not to mention, the guy who replaced our liner (after the 2016 hail storm) apparently used the old coping, because in no time, the coping was brittle and hanging down. The original coping was from eight years prior and we never saw it hanging down - which is why we're convinced he used the old stuff. Well, a month or so ago, the liner came down (no coping!) about 5-6" over the wall, above the return, which then wrinkled and pushed the return slightly into the pool wall. We just had it all repaired and new coping installed and used the new cleaner again today. So not only do we not want the cleaner climbing the wall, but it's not really necessary since we sweep the walls. I've watched videos on how to install new climbing rings, but I'm wondering if we can actually just remove the Dolphin's climbing rings to prevent it from climbing the walls. Has anyone else done this to stop their cleaner from climbing the walls?

Our first swim this season is FINALLY tonight - got another hot week in the hundreds ahead of us!

Thanks for your help!

Have you tried just taking the rings off and seeing if the robot does just the floor?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.