Clearing our swamp

any chance you are not multiplying the drops correctly when figuring the FC? For my kit, the 10mL sample, you multiply the drops by .5 to get the FC reading, but if you are using 25mL of pool water to test, multiply the drops by .2 . Just double check.....

any chance you are not multiplying the drops correctly when figuring the FC? For my kit, the 10mL sample, you multiply the drops by .5 to get the FC reading, but if you are using 25mL of pool water to test, multiply the drops by .2 . Just double check.....

Yes I double checked that. Thanks for the suggestion though. I actually also had my husband read the directions and do. it. We both got the same result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! Sorry been sick then out of town. I am happy to report as of 2 days ago I am officially done SlAMBing! You guys are awesome and I am sooooo thankful for the TFP method. It took about 4.5 weeks but now we are alge free and my husband went swimming yesterday. It cost us around $450 to clear it up but that included a new weir door, skimmer baskets, leaf rake, vacuum, lots of bleach, the test kit and about 200 lbs of de. :)

Here is a before pic:
12c95fcae391eb6af2e5eeed6206d94c.jpg

And after:
613406f160c98a911fa2caa74af4f8ce.jpg

Tapatalk
1739ac24adf2975d029ca861a07a492d.jpg

We will be re plastering next year. :)

Not to harsh your buzz, but those after pictures are no where near as crystal clear as it should be. I am not sure you are done.

Really? We I am no expert so I am open for advice. There is a lot of staining on the bottom of the pool from leaves and debris and the plaster is in bad shape so I assumed this was as good as it gets since it pasted the overnight chlorine test and the cc is .5.

So should I keep slambing?

Ok. I think I just identified more algae where the plaster blistered. That is new today.
ec28ae4985f3ef631c9670be55aa28b6.jpg

I could actually see the screws on the main drain a day ago but I'll bring back up to shock level again because they are fuzzy today. Darn it! Thought I had it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are sooo close Sara! Keep it up!
jblizzle comment about algae hiding in those little crevices reminded me.....

Just a FYI, that algae can hide behind a light fixture too! Just to be sure you might want to remove the fixture and get some good chlorine water back in there.

If you dont know how.... There is 1 screw on the top of the fixture. Remove it and the fixture comes out.

Not to harsh your buzz, but those after pictures are no where near as crystal clear as it should be. I am not sure you are done.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the after pic. Amazing work but there is still a little more work to do. Stick with it and your water will become crystal clear and you will wonder how you ever accepted it any other way.

Much better! I see the main drain.

But there is no sparkle. It still looks a tiny bit cloudy. I do not know if that is because it is so still or if it could use a little more work.

Let me ask you this-----------if you put a quarter into the pool could you tell if it were on heads or tails?

You have done a wonderful job!

Kim

I threw a quarter in the deep end (9.5 feet). I can almost make out heads or tails but not quite. The cc this morning was 0! Wow never been zero! I think I am going to let the FC level drift down and see if the algae on the steps return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.