Cleaning T-Cell-15 issue

phess1

Mar 25, 2016
Altoona, PA
Cell worked great all year. Closed the pool and saw mineral buildup on non cord end. Did the muriatic acid clean recommended by Hayward YouTube video. However the cell never bubbled and buildup remains. The cells on corded end look great and never had any build up. I let it soak no bubbles so using a plastic pick I removed some of the debris. My question why no bubbling up? Any other way to remove debris? Used 4:1 solution. Thanks!

Are you actually removing physical debris from the plate? When you remove the debris, what color is it? What color is the plate after you remove the debris?

and just want to clarify this is at the non corded end that goes to the flow control sensor. The plates at the corded end look perfect and I can look clearly through the cell until this minor buildup at the end of the plates. I just dont get why the acid didnt do anything to break it up. Maybe its not mineral debris but I was able to break some of it up. Its not far down into the plates just at the top really.

The Hayward cells have plastic plates on both sides of the titanium plates, so the white plastic plates are what's visible from both sides.

I believe that the plastic is to help screen debris from the water before it can get to the titanium plates.

You really can't see the metal plates very well.

As long as the cell looks clean, you're good.

Bubbling while acid cleaning is mostly from calcium carbonate. If there is no bubbling, it's not calcium carbonate.

Did the buildup occur where the water exits the cell or enters the cell?

Does the buildup look like crystals?

Can you post a full set of test results?

Do you use dry acid?

If you have a picture, we might be able to advise better.

Yep it's on the white plastic portion of where the water exits. Titanium looks good and clean when looking directly through the cell. Also why I suspect no bubbling because the plates are clean. Again just build up in white plastic where water exits so hopefully no issue. I got most of it off. Thanks.

Are you sure it's on the exit and not where the water enters?

Possibly sand or other debris that got past the filter. If the pool was run with the multiport on recirculate, then debris can buildup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.