Cleaning Stainless Steel Grill Grates

....About the only other tip I can pass along is to ignore the commonly-given advice of soaking wood chips in water. I have had much better results with dry chips. OK, one more tip just came to mind...line your smoker box with heavy-duty foil. It will make clean-up much easier.

Thanks again, Bo. Wow, 4 grills. Well, I guess I can count my old one so I have 2. :) But no smoker...yet. Not sure what's I'll try first, but I do want to see what the bbq can do.

Not a big fan of brushes due to them wearing down and rare accidental swallowing incidents.
Injuries from Ingestion of Wire Bristles from Grill-Cleaning Brushes June 2012

These work great, especially hot.
Amazon.com : GrillFloss - Ultimate BBQ Grill Cleaning Tool : Grill Scrapers : Patio, Lawn Garden

No connection, just like it....and as many of you know, I BBQ alot! As best I can tell it will last forever

HTH

Thanks mk1. I've never had an issue with brushes before. Guess I'd better be a little more aware. The cleaner is very interesting, Never seen anything like that before. Will need to make sure it fits my grill grates.

Might sound crazy, but I was given a grill brush as a gift that you fill up with water in the handle. It applies a small amount of water as you brush and cleans the grill amazingly well. Don't know if I can post brand names here, so just google "grill brush with water".

I have a Lynx grill (small 30" with ProSear). I use a combination of brushes depending on the severity of the gunk. When things are clean I will also use a wet scrubbing pad to get the metal even cleaner.

My favorite is a stainless welders brush -then a run of the mill combination grill scraper/brush with smaller bristles which works on the finer particles.

I do have a motorized one that can squirt water but it is just so so.

I don't like the Lynx for slow low temperature cooking - the big vent in the back just vents too much heat for my use. I find that I can't keep the temperature low enough throughout the covered area to slow cook or smoke things. The ProSear is good for quick fast hot cooking - my ignitor no longer lights that side though. Also, having the smaller 30" grill limits my abilty to cook 3 or 4 different meats at one time due to only having the 2 burner options. Plus the brass burner side on low hardly puts out enough heat to do much at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.