cleaning small debris from system

Zplayer

Jun 4, 2022
Florida
I have a cartidge filter, which I believe I cannot backwash. I am getting a lot of small particles within the pipes it appears, just a lot of really small and random debris from nearby tree, that I guess makes it through my skimmer. This is the first february I have had since my pool was done, and is definitely the most falling debris I have had to deal with. Either way, I am wondering the best way to handle this. I do my usual pool maintenance, which among a few things consists of cleaning the basket by the pump, and hosing down the filter. When I hose down the filter there is just a ton of particles within it, it's as if I create a waterfall of thick debris. It's definitely more than just a dirty looking filter, but just filled with all of this stuff. I just purchased a skimmer "sock" to hopefully trap all of this smaller debris, but is there anyway I can flush all of this other debris out of the system. I was thinking I just needed to backwash it, but after reading I now see you can't backwash cartridge filters. After I just cleaned everything, and fired the pool back up, for example, all the water that filled the pump contained a bunch of this debris, almost immediatelly filling up the bottom of the basket in the pump. Hopefully this makes some sense. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The skimmer sock will help. I use disposable hair nets I get off Amazon. $10 for 100 of them.

Is your filter pressure rising from this material? You do have the typical Florida 'tiny' filter. So you will need to clean it much more often.

Can you show us a picture of this material?

The skimmer sock will help. I use disposable hair nets I get off Amazon. $10 for 100 of them.

Is your filter pressure rising from this material? You do have the typical Florida 'tiny' filter. So you will need to clean it much more often.

Can you show us a picture of this material?
oh wow ok I will look into just disposable hair nets. I got skimmer socks that were $12 for 20 of them, disposable hair nets sound way better. The filter pressure is not rising too much, but I just clean it out frequently because I know it gets so nasty/clogged. I just cleaned the filter two days ago so will have to update with pics later. I am cleaning out my filter every 1-2 weeks right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.