Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Well, we're getting ready for our big Memorial day party on Monday. Cleaning the patio and ugh, it's filthy!
I've been sweeping, vacuuming, and hosing. Pool is 4 years old now and there's a bit of settling in some areas, so the water doesn't run straight to the drain everywhere. We have a birdcage.
We just have sand between the pavers (except where it's washed away and/or refilled with crud.)
The pool is perfect! How do you you clean your patios, tfp'ers?

Low power 1500 psi pressure washer with rotating ground attachment…. But i have grout instead of sand sooooo 🤷‍♂️

Pool bleach. I have a Sundek concrete overlay around my pool. Sundek's maintenance guide says to use 50/50 bleach/water ratio. If you get overspray, the pool bleach will just increase your FC.
Do you just put it in a sprayer and spray?
Low power 1500 psi pressure washer with rotating ground attachment…. But i have grout instead of sand sooooo 🤷‍♂️
I wish I had gotten grout. ☹️

You could still try a low power pressure washer and just be careful around the sand -
Depends how big your tile is… eg 4” square or 2’x4’ makes a difference in how much machine you could use

Have you thought about a tile scrubber like the ones used indoors? Just use it outdoors?

Didn’t you say your patio is enclosed in a birdcage/screen enclosure? Honestly, how dirty could it be? I would use a push broom and a little bit of water for any stubborn marks on the pavers.

I have pavers with sand and the push broom and water works pretty good.

Reactions: Newdude
I bought a 2 gallon sprayer (RoundUp brand) for $25-ish and it goes for a long time. Definitely plenty to spray a patio a few times.

I wish I had gotten grout. ☹️
Next time you‘re at Home Depot - ask an associate to show you the polymeric sand.
You sweep it in like normal sand, but once misted, it sets up into a grout like substance.

The polymeric sand doesn’t set-up permanently, so if pavers shift, etc, the next dose of water will cause it to reshape and set up again.
It’s magical and very easy to use.

Reactions: KatNEvan
Do you just put it in a sprayer and spray?
I use one of these hose attachable garden sprayers for bleach. Just fill it up with bleach, set the dial to determine the ratio of bleach to water. I also have an electric pressure washer that I use for my concrete pool deck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was advised not to use any chemicals and just water with a pressure machine. He told me to use the gentlest setting because I had never used a pressure washer. He said never to scrub clean the concrete pavers as it will just embed the stain deeper. I did one thorough cleanse two years ago and since have just used the regular hose on a concentrated setting to spot clean stains. Overall has stayed pretty clean though we are finally planning to get the pavers washed and sealed.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.