Denver, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Has anyone had a situation where you have algae on the top of the cover? I think I may have that and it keeps introducing algae to the pool from opening and closing the cover. I've noticed a yellow-ish (more yellow than green) film at the outer edge of the water that pools up around the cover pump after it rains and the same film on the pump and drain hose. At first I thought it was pollen but now I'm second guessing. What's really odd is the same stuff seems to be showing up on the edges of the hot tub cover where it's sitting on the coping. That's another reason I just thought it was pollen and was seeping between the cover and coping with the rain water. So I'm going to assume it's algae and go after it. Any suggestions on a cleaner to use? Coverstar's website says to only use dishsoap but I'm nervous that won't do it and contemplated a low dosage of bleach and water (maybe 10:1 water to bleach). Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! My husband uses a bit of car wash detergent and a long push broom.... maybe you should add a small amount of liquid chlorine to the final rinse? I've never heard of anyone having this problem you describe though to be honest?

How does your water look??

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.