Trindadi84

Jun 1, 2022
San Antonio TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Have a new Kreepy Krauly Platinum. Last few days it keeps getting stuck on the sun shelf area or stairs. Works fine once freed but if no one is home can't free it. It seems as though the back up valve is pulling it on to the sun shelf. It worked fine the first few weeks. I'm not sure what changed. I haven't adjusted anything on it. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230424-091652.png
    Screenshot_20230424-091652.png
    585.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20230425-094151.png
    Screenshot_20230425-094151.png
    608.1 KB · Views: 21
Because the hose floats and it can float over your shelf, there will always be the risk that when it goes into backup mode it will pull it onto the shelf. So you have to figure out if there is a way to stop the hose from floating over the shelf. I am surprised it does not free it self when it goes back to standard mode to go forward.
The backup valve is to assist to get it out of a jam and also to create random patterns of coverage.
The backup valve can be removed completely from the hose. You will need to use a swivel or something to connect the 2 hoses. You can try it and see how it works. It may not be as random but it will always move forward and not go into backup mode.

Because the hose floats and it can float over your shelf, there will always be the risk that when it goes into backup mode it will pull it onto the shelf. So you have to figure out if there is a way to stop the hose from floating over the shelf. I am surprised it does not free it self when it goes back to standard mode to go forward.
The backup valve is to assist to get it out of a jam and also to create random patterns of coverage.
The backup valve can be removed completely from the hose. You will need to use a swivel or something to connect the 2 hoses. You can try it and see how it works. It may not be as random but it will always move forward and not go into backup mode.
Thanks I might try that!

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.