Clean&Clear Tank Leaking

Welcome to TFP.
Is is just a drip or is water spraying out?
The seal ring should be lubed before placing it on the bottom housing. Also ensure there are no cuts or indentations on the seal ring.
Wipe the area on both the bottom and top housing where the seal ring will lay against to remove any debris.
If there is a metal support ring (some filter have it) ensure it is sitting straight and behind the seal ring and not interfering with the top section. It normally just sits behind the seal ring about the same height or slightly lower.
Place the top housing on the bottom housing and ensure it is centered properly.
Place the clamp around it and ensure it is centered across both lips of the 2 housings.
Tighten the bolt, compressing the spring until the coils are touching one another. To not overnighted but having it too loose will not put the proper squeeze on the seal ring.

Reactions: proavia
I have one of these. In addition to the above: Hammer the ring with a rubber mallet as you tighten it to distribute the force. Also you lube the ring so that it can evenly clamp around the plastic ridge.

Reactions: proavia
I have one of these. In addition to the above: Hammer the ring with a rubber mallet as you tighten it to distribute the force. Also you lube the ring so that it can evenly clamp around the plastic ridge.

👆 This 💯 %

You must lightly tap the band clamp all the way around as you tighten. I usually will do a few turns of the ratchet and then tap all the way around. Then tighten the bolt a little more and tap. Keep doing that. You can tighten the bolt and then tap and you will immediately notice that when you go to tighten again that the bolt is more loose than when you left it. These band clamps will not tighten down evenly on their own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.