Clarifier mishap and question

Dave, the pool color is a cloudy blue. I can see the bottom of the pool in the shallow end and can see the brush moving on the deep end but still hard to see the bottom otherwise. Running the sand filter pretty much all the time and we are adding 2 cups DE every other day when we do a backwash.
Edit: Brushing sides and bottom daily.

If your chlorine is as high as you report, don't bother with any measurements other than FC and CC. pH is not accurate at any FC above 10ppm and it's easy for the other indicator dyes to get bleached out with high chlorine.

Just focus on FC/CC until you pass the SLAM exit criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Pressure gauge runs at 18 after backwash and rinse and I backwash at 22, it has been every other day or so.
That's good. Your filter is catching stuff and you're removing it on a timely basis. This is guesswork, but I believe you will see small improvements each day for a while and then, suddenly the sparkle will be back!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One slow step at a time! It will ALL get better in time. At least you are getting it done BEFORE the swim season!

Stick around and you can read the "I have a party planned on Saturday but my pool is green" posts :(

Kim

Hello Everyone,
Well the pool is just about clear now, we can clearly see the bottom of the deep end but there is still some slightly noticeable blue coloring, we've been running the filter and back washing about every third day. Here are the latest readings:
Temp = 50 degrees
PH = 7.5
Cl =11.5
CC = .5
Calcium = 400
TA = 170
CYA = 55

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.