Clarification on pool startup

I didn't realize that the SWG was producing copper. I just thought the bars were somehow used in the production of chlorine.

Our pool is looking great, by the way.

I keep the pump running for around 12 hours a day and have lately kept the SWG running for 4.

Once all the CYA is dissolved, I'll take a sample to ACE and have it tested.

Trying to keep the chlorine level high, although I don't have a reliable way of testing it. Using strips and the cheap chlorine test from Wal-Mart currently.

jakeinga said:
I didn't realize that the SWG was producing copper. I just thought the bars were somehow used in the production of chlorine.
You can just unscrew the "nut" on top of the bars and then pull the plug off and leave it.

jakeinga said:
Once all the CYA is dissolved, I'll take a sample to ACE and have it tested.

Trying to keep the chlorine level high, although I don't have a reliable way of testing it. Using strips and the cheap chlorine test from Wal-Mart currently.
Get the TF100: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison. It will save you time and money longterm...and it's fun to use :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.