CIRCUPOOL WARRANTY ISSUES

Flatag

Feb 16, 2018
N.E. Florida
I bought the Circupool RJ60+. It worked well for all of 2 months. It died back in December and I posted about a cell not match issue here - Circupool RJ65+ “cell not match”

I was hoping to post on that thread a positive outcome but alas that has avoided me. My unit is still down and has been down for 2 months. Here in Florida my water has stayed warm enough for a SWCG to function. When I called them back in December they said I needed to change the circuit cards and they would send me a kit. Two weeks later the kit still hadn't arrived. It took several more calls, each call they claimed the package was lost in the mail, before they finally send the cards. The cards didn't fix the issue. They tell me now that I need a connector or a cable depending on who you talk to. Three times they said they shipped the part. Three times it hasn't arrived. Three times they blamed USPS. Three times I ended up empty handed and I still have a $1200 nonworking unit.

I simply cannot recommend Circupool products and will encourage anyone to consider another manufacturer.

F,

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I can say that although your feelings make perfect sense to me, they really do not represent the vast majority of CircuPool users here at TFP... Almost all the comments we see here have been very positive..

Let's hope they can make this right..

Jim R.

Power of the forum? Power of calling them twice a day several days this week? I finally received the parts needed to fix my down unit but it shouldn’t have taken upwards of 20 phone calls and 2 1/2 months to get this unit back up and running. I will still withhold my recommendation of this brand due to poor customer support.

Maybe if the unit continues to operate this summer I’ll reconsider.

Well, my unit is down again. Frustrating. This time however when a came back into the house my phone was ringing. It was the general manager who had read my thread and reached out to me, he listened to my issues, sincerely apologized for my troubles and offered his help in makings things right. He’s having a new unit shipped out next week. That’s customer service as it should be. I feel comfortable recommending Circupool again.

Sometimes a dud rolls off the assembly line. It happened to me (different manufacturer). A company that values customer service recognizes this and rectifies the situation. Nice to hear Circupool took care of you.

Well, my unit is down again. Frustrating. This time however when a came back into the house my phone was ringing. It was the general manager who had read my thread and reached out to me, he listened to my issues, sincerely apologized for my troubles and offered his help in makings things right. He’s having a new unit shipped out next week. That’s customer service as it should be. I feel comfortable recommending Circupool again.

The influence of TFP is growing,

I'm very happy we were able to intervene and make things right. Rest assured, we have identified, and corrected, the situation that caused us to let you down.

Reactions: Oscar G.
I'm about to purchase a SWG for our IG 30,000 gal pool here in southeastern PA. Circupool take note: This thread has helped me make my decision. I am seriously considering the top-of-the-line RJ60+, on sale now at Discount Salt Pool. I look forward to a great product and great service and I will let all here know how it goes.

Just to chime in, I just purchased a circupool RJ45+ SWG and circupool 3 HP variable speed pump (from discount salt pools) based on recommendations on this forum. I bought the SWG based on the recs specifically for the SWG and the pump based on the recs for the SWG. Forum members recommend to not rely on the flow switch to ensure that the SWG is only on when the pump is running. I got direct from circupool via email that relying on the flow switch is okay. My plan is to run the pump at the lowest possible speed 24/7 (as long as I get the required 25/30GPM to run the SWG), which should make relying on the flow switch okay, since the pump will always be running (reducing risk of SWG running without pump going). However, I am going to see a good friend this weekend who is an electrician (and pool owner), to plan out how my install will go (bonding, grounding, wiring, surge protection, etc.). I will have a mechanical timer that I won't need any longer due to the VS pump, so I could repurpose it for the SWG, so later I could choose to not run the pump 24/7 if it is unnecessary. Is a timer the option that provides the most flexibility and redundancy, or should I have him design me some sort of relay?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have pictures of SWCG cells that have exploded even with their flow switch. I can post them later.

Either the timer or a relay should work.

Jim,

If your pump is running 24/7 then the relying on the flow switch as your only safety device seems OK to me..

In my mind, your primary safety device is the fact that the pump is always on and the flow switch is still your secondary safety device.

I would never rely on just the flow switch, if the pump was running an on/off schedule.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Since you already have the timer, just wire the SWG thru the timer when you install it. Then set the timer to run 24/7. If/when you reduce pump run time, you can easily set the timer to turn the SWG off when the pump is off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.