Circupool SWG Issue

Russmd

May 14, 2013
A year and a half ago, growing tired of fighting with my Jandy PCL1400, I decided to switch over to a Circupool RJ60+. Installation and function were fine but after less than a year, my Chlorine levels started to drop. Chemistries were all good, my pool is only 40,000 gal. I sent the cell back and they replaced it, said “bad cell.” That was last August. All good over the winter which required very little chlorine, but now, again, output is way down. I started getting red error and clean cell lights even thought the cell was completely clean (I did it once anyway). Again, chemistries perfect, no scale, good flow. I talked to them and sent this cell back. I’m waiting to hear from them. In the meantime I’m reading posts and doing research. It seems they have a good reputation so I can’t figure out why I’m having problems like this - 2 cells in 2 years. I’ve seen a little about high temperature sensor issues - my pool has a solar as well as gas heater for spa mode. Can higher temp water running through the cell cause problems? Has anyone else had similar issues with premature cell failures for no apparent reason? Thanks.

While heat may play a part in your pool's overall FC consumption, I don't think it influences how well the cell itself works. But with our systems we have both the cell and module to be concerned with I suppose. It's good that Circupool seems to have been responsive to your needs, but let's be sure of some other things here on this thread so we have as much details as possible.
- What exactly is your full chemistry?
- Did you do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to rule-out algae?
- Did you attempt an overnight GAIN test to see if your cell was producing the expected amount overnight (i.e. 6-8 hrs of darkness) that would be anticipated at 100% output as noted on the PoolMath APP?

While heat may play a part in your pool's overall FC consumption, I don't think it influences how well the cell itself works. But with our systems we have both the cell and module to be concerned with I suppose. It's good that Circupool seems to have been responsive to your needs, but let's be sure of some other things here on this thread so we have as much details as possible.
- What exactly is your full chemistry?
- Did you do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to rule-out algae?
- Did you attempt an overnight GAIN test to see if your cell was producing the expected amount overnight (i.e. 6-8 hrs of darkness) that would be anticipated at 100% output as noted on the PoolMath APP?
Thank you.
FCl 2.5 (usually keep 4-6). Bleach added.
pH 7.8
TA 80
cya 70
salt 3600
calcium 360

i did the algae test, ruled out. Cleaned grids, no algae.
I did not do the GAIN test. I know my pool and system well. I’ve had salt cells for years and know exactly what to expect in different conditions and at different times of the year. As I mentioned, this cell started showing the red error and low salt lights despite being clean and correct salinity. No bubbles or foaming was seen in the cell as usual. This cell is geared towards a 60,000 gal pool- mine is 40,000 gal. should be sufficient and has been in the past.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.