CircuPool RJ60 Hacking the temperature sensor

Mike_I

Jun 1, 2021
Seattle, WA
Hello,
I got CircuPool RJ60 SWG and it shuts production when the temperature is below 65F. My pool water temperature is in the 40s now and the algae are still growing - the pool is getting greener. Does anyone know of a way to disable the temperature sensor so I can get some chlorine in to clear the algae?
Thanks!

A SWG does not generate chlorine quickly enough to overcome the algae replication rate.

Once you see algae you need to follow the SLAM Process step by step without shortcuts using liquid chlorine.

I'm in WA, It's winter now and algae are growing slow. My SWG is not generating any chlorine due to temperature lock (65). I put in the SWG so I don't have to chase down liquid chlorine any longer and it has worked great until it shut down due to low temperature. If I am able to run it at 10% cycle now, would be sufficient to keep algae at bay, but the programming on the unit prevents that. It produces 0 now until the temperature climbs another 20F or I manage to bypass the temperature cell somehow.

With a SWG you still need to chase down liquid chlorine in the winter with low water temperatures.

I don’t know of a hack for the temperature sensor but my RJ 60 still generates chlorine down to about 50°. So maybe you need a new control unit. But separate from that if you got green water, there’s no way that saltwater generator is going to clear that up you better find some liquid chlorine before you have a swamp on your hands.

Reactions: Newdude
I'll add this as well. My RJ-45 may work below 60 as I've not yet had any red lights on the module with cld water, but many manuals warn users about powering-up cells in cold water. The cold water inhibits the electrolysis process and the cell can actually be damaged. That's why many manufactures say to just turn it off. Something to consider.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.