CIRCUPOOL Core SWCG Install

Ukiwis

Jul 22, 2018
California
I installed one of these over the weekend and currently have it plugged into a 110V outlet. I want to hardwire it and plan to connect it to the breaker at the top (filter pump) and the ground to the ground bar at the bottom....at least I assume it's the ground bar as there's only green wires connected to it. I believe this will give it 240V continuously but the flow switch will turn it off when the pump is not running.
My pool guy suggested connecting it to the load side on the relay so that it'll be powered only when the pump is running.

Does anyone have any thoughts/comments on which option would be preferred and why?

Moved from here.

20230729_193757.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
but the flow switch will turn it off when the pump is not running.
The flow switch is for emergency turn-off purposes only and not designed for routine On/Off functions. In this case, your pool guy is correct. Go off the relay so it has no power when the pump is off.

You are correct, that is the ground bar at the bottom. :)

U,

Relays are just like a wall switch.. You have to have power coming in, before power can go out.

In your pic the white and black wires are on the Load (output) side of the relay, but there is nothing on the input side of the relay.

The very first thing you need to do is make sure the relay that you are working with is actually the Pump/Filter relay.. My guess is the idiot that wired your box used a different relay as the pump filter relay.

Find the connector marked as the Filter relay and follow the little wires back to the relay to makes sure you are connecting to the right one.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for our help @Jimrahbe and @Texas Splash

I followed the wires from the "F. Pump" connector and they did indeed go to the "Filter Pump Relay.
So, Instead of connecting to 2 and 4 as shown in the photo above, I tried connecting the 2 wires to connectors 1 and 2 with the white on 1, black on 2. When that didn't work I tried them reversed. No go there either. I tried all the other relays as well and I got closest with the Aux 2 relay. The unit would actually power on, when I switched on the pump but seemed to be in a reboot cycle and wasn't happy.
In the end I connected directly to the breaker and it's functioning fine, although it will now be always on.

The flow switch is for emergency turn-off purposes only and not designed for routine On/Off functions. In this case, your pool guy is correct. Go off the relay so it has no power when the pump is off.
On reflection I think the flow switch is designed for routine on/off functions.
They ship it with a 3 pin plug on the end for 110 Volts and that would be always on.

On reflection I think the flow switch is designed for routine on/off functions.
Too many SWGs have exploded because they had power applied with no water movement. The flow switch should always be a secondary/emergency method of cutting power to the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.