Cicada killer wasps below the liner

halandrum

Aug 4, 2023
Georgia
We have cicada killer wasps that keep emerging near our above ground pool each summer. This summer we discovered what seem like little canyons or channels in the sand below the liner that we can feel as we walk around in the pool. My husband thinks the wasps have been burrowing under our pool. Anyone ever heard of this happening?

So, I didn’t know what those were, so I googled. ACCKKK! Those things look huge! I would basically have to move to a new house. Maybe a new state.

Apparently they do burrow and leave hills of soil behind - do you see anything like that around your pool?

I couldn’t finish watching this. When I got to the part about them growing up to two inches long, I abandoned ship. But this video might have some helpful info about zapping them in their burrows.

I've seen more cicadas this year than I've seen in past, and concensquently more cicada killer wasps. But, the solution for keeping them from burrowing under your pool is simple: PXL_20230805_134349254.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
I've seen more cicadas this year than I've seen in past, and concensquently more cicada killer wasps. But, the solution for keeping them from burrowing under your pool is simple: View attachment 519892
I live about a 20 minute drive from Princeton, NJ and they have the 17 year cycle cicadas that come out and the town goes bonkers with it; I think they came around last year. The people catch them, cook them and who knows what else with them. When they do come out it is freekish to see them all over and the noise they produce. I put pebbles all around my pool just because it is easy to care for, I guess I won't have any issues with those wasps!

cook them

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha
We have cicada killer wasps that keep emerging near our above ground pool each summer. This summer we discovered what seem like little canyons or channels in the sand below the liner that we can feel as we walk around in the pool. My husband thinks the wasps have been burrowing under our pool. Anyone ever heard of this happening?
I have the same problem, it’s very frustrating

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.