Wamego, Kansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
We had a Christmas in July (in August) party today!

The idea originally came when, back in early April as we were taking the cover off the pool, my kid randomly started singing Wham's Last Christmas.

Things have been really difficult in our family this summer so we didn't plan as much as we'd have liked and didn't do all the ideas, but it was still fun!

I was able to cut some cedar trees so we had Christmas trees, I drug the Christmas decorations out of the attic, baked the traditional red velvet cake with green frosting along with key lime pie (was strange and fun listening to baseball on the radio while doing Christmas baking!) made a Jamaican rum punch and pina colada at the request of my kid- (adults had to add their own rum).

Asked guests to bring either summer-fied Christmas treats or Christmas-fied summer treats, and my mom wrapped up a bunch of pool toys to put under the tree so the kids could open the presents to play with in the pool.

It was a great time!

My favorite Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation, which inspired my wife and I's swim outfit choices for today.

We took down most of the decorations after the party, but I did decide to leave the lights along the fence up.

20230804_225848.jpg20230805_193630.jpg

20230805_195130.jpg20230805_200642.jpg20230805_200700.jpg20230805_211826.jpg

There you go. I always thought Christmas in July was an Aussie thing to have some sort of mid "winter" entertainment.

Looks like you guys are keen on a proper Summer Chrissie with BBQ around the pool after all.

Happy Christmas in July!

1691311381100.png

(Even though this is actually a Christmas in December picture)

Reactions: JJ_Tex and Newdude
I had friends that did a similar 'out of season' party evry July and it was the best time each year. They needed a reason to have everybody they knew over, so they could be silly and enjoy themselves. So they invented a reason the same as you. Bravo.

There you go. I always thought Christmas in July was an Aussie thing to have some sort of mid "winter" entertainment.

Looks like you guys are keen on a proper Summer Chrissie with BBQ around the pool after all.

Happy Christmas in July!

View attachment 520166

(Even though this is actually a Christmas in December picture)
Nice pic! I was thinking for next year I needed to investigate Christmas traditions and activities in Australia to incorporate.

All I had so far is the episode of Bluey where they swim on Christmas! Ha ha

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: mgtfp and Stump
Nice pic! I was thinking for next year I needed to investigate Christmas traditions and activities in Australia to incorporate.

All I had so far is the episode of Bluey where they swim on Christmas! Ha ha

Many great Aussie Christmas traditions. One of my favourites is to say goodbye to the huge roast for lunch, and just chuck a few prawns on the barbie.

A great introduction into Aussie Christmas is "A Moody Christmas" on Netflix.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.