Choosing the right pool timer?

GhostyGhost

Apr 1, 2021
Kansas City
Hi All,

I had my old pool timer die on me last year and was going to wire in the new one this year so I don't need to manually control the pump anymore. The old timer was a digital Paragon Electric EC4004PC/208-240. I took a look at my pump and breaker and the pump is set at 115v and the breaker is a single 20A switch. Would there be any harm in downsizing the timer to something like the intermatic t101? In case it helps confirm anything I've attached a picture of my current manual wiring along with how it used to be wired and the current pump setting.

I bought a t104 already thinking I was going to need something rated for 240v but now I'm thinking it is worth downsizing.

Thanks!

Attachments

• manualWiring.jpg
    manualWiring.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 15
  • PumpSetting.jpg
    PumpSetting.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Old_wiring.jpg
    Old_wiring.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 14
A T104 timer will not work in your box since the T104 has a 240V motor and you have 120V into your electrical box.

You need a T101 timer that has a 120V motor.

If you have the 240V timer look at the back at what voltage is stamped on the motor.

There is a T103 with a 120V motor and 240V contacrs.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.