Chlorine tablets or no tablets....kindly educate me

ivyleager said:
2 - I used tablets after opening because my CYA was a bit low at 20ppm. When it went up to 50 (where my pool likes it to be), then I switched to bleach.

ivyleaguer----you state that your pool likes the CYA at 50--can you elaborate/explain what that means to a newbie like me? How did you learn that your pool likes CYA at 50?
thanks

He probably means the required doses were easy to manage. I was happy when my pool was taking a big jug every other day. I may need to find those records to see what stabilizer was then.

nabril15 said:
ivyleager said:
2 - I used tablets after opening because my CYA was a bit low at 20ppm. When it went up to 50 (where my pool likes it to be), then I switched to bleach.

ivyleaguer----you state that your pool likes the CYA at 50--can you elaborate/explain what that means to a newbie like me? How did you learn that your pool likes CYA at 50?
thanks

My pool is in full sun until about 4pm so the sun gets to eat up a fair chunk of my FC if the CYA is lower. At the 50-60 range, my pool holds the FC better so I only add a large jug of bleach every other day (unless there are tons of kids in the pool).

Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.