Chlorine shelf life

jodyliebing

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2012
Auburn Indiana
I found 12% liquid shock at Menards, considering the possible issues of trying to find it this season I decided to buy 4 cases. Happened to be reading on a post that it DOES have a shelf life. Will my chlorine be good through the summer until Sept?

It will weaken. Between the date it was bottled until the date you actually got it at the store, then sitting at home, it will get weaker. Take a look at this:

If you find over time that you don't reach the expected FC target after dosing, you may need to consider the chlorine being more like 10%, or perhaps even 8.5%.

It will weaken. Between the date it was bottled until the date you actually got it at the store, then sitting at home, it will get weaker. Take a look at this:

If you find over time that you don't reach the expected FC target after dosing, you may need to consider the chlorine being more like 10%, or perhaps even 8.5%.
Interesting!!! Thank you for the info. Good to have!

Reactions: Texas Splash
I found 12% liquid shock at Menards, considering the possible issues of trying to find it this season I decided to buy 4 cases. Happened to be reading on a post that it DOES have a shelf life. Will my chlorine be good through the summer until Sept?
Also, a little late now, but they usually have a sale around the 4th of July for 2-for-1 on liquid chlorine 12.5%. >.> Might have one near Memorial Day, too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.