Chlorine Max for Swimming

KevinL

Bronze Supporter
Apr 29, 2023
Long Beach, CA
During the winter there are very few times when anyone swims in our pool. When I add chemicals in the winter, I add enough chlorine to get my pool up to slam levels so I won't have to add chemicals again for 10 days or so. Anyway, I was just wondering what the maximum FC level would be for allowing people to swim during the winter. My CC is zero. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

During the winter there are very few times when anyone swims in our pool. When I add chemicals in the winter, I add enough chlorine to get my pool up to slam levels so I won't have to add chemicals again for 10 days or so. Anyway, I was just wondering what the maximum FC level would be for allowing people to swim during the winter. My CC is zero. Does anyone have thoughts on this?
Like said, SLAM level is safe to swim in. But dosing up to SLAM level is kinda wasteful as the FC degrades faster at higher levels so you end up using more chlorine that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.