Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
After opening the pool to clear water I decided to give it a 24 hour slam just to be on the safe side . The water is cold and nobody swims in it . I run the filter 12 hours a day. I’ve been having alot of the helicopters seeds from trees falling in but I’m diligent about skimmming and keeping debris out.
What’s bothering me is the chlorine was at 24 for the slam. It’s dropped down to 12 after about 2 weeks and now it’s staying there 🤪. I have no algae . The water is crystal clear. Do I have what they call chlorine lock ? Should I be concerned about this ?

Chlorine lock is a term some in the industry like to use that really tells you nothing. What is actually happening is your FC-to-CYA ratio is way off, therefore your FC cannot sanitize the water properly. What I would recommend is posting a full set of water test results. Also remember there is no such thing as a 24-hr SLAM Process. A technically accurate SLAM means holding the FC level until all 3 SLAM criteria are passed.

So let's see some waiter test results and we'll be glad to help you through this.

Again my water is crystal clear maybe the pool isn’t getting enough sun. The water is cold. And I skim and vac everyday. I’m obsessed lol. The chlorine dropped a little too ! Do you guys think I should try to lower my cya more ?

Attachments

• 470A7727-1B90-4DD5-83DD-2AF23E3AE48E.jpeg
    470A7727-1B90-4DD5-83DD-2AF23E3AE48E.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 19
Again my water is crystal clear maybe the pool isn’t getting enough sun. The water is cold. And I skim and vac everyday. I’m obsessed lol. The chlorine dropped a little too ! Do you guys think I should try to lower my cya more ?
No, your CYA is just fine. Keep your FC at the top end of the range for your CYA level. Link-->FC/CYA Levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.