Chlorine is super low

wille

Bronze Supporter
Sep 20, 2019
Sarasota, FL
Up until last week, all was fine with my readings. This week, I have had several days of very low readings (~1) on my FC. I then add the needed bleach to bring the level up, as Pool Math suggests. I am not sure if it is an algae problem (I don't see any sign of algae) or a SWG that has gone bad. SWG was replaced in 2015 and runs year round here in Florida. I have the Chlorinator at 45%, salt is 3500, running the pump from 8-5, air temp is 86*. I just added stabilizer a few weeks ago and acid level is 7.8. Thoughts, suggestions or questions? Thank you!

Run the diagnostics for the SWCG and post here along with an independent salinity test.
Read Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading
When I check Diagnostics, I show +24.66V and +5.66A. I then push the "+" and get -24.82V and -6.05A. When I push the "+" again, I get +24.66V and +6.18A.
I had the local pool store check the salt level and they showed 3500. I validated this with my Taylor K-1766 test kit.

Last edited:
Great. List out all the data as shown in the article I linked.
That data implies the cell is generating chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.