Chlorine Floater Sticky

gnulab

Jun 5, 2020
Jakarta, Indonesia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hi,

As the subject says it all. I have changed my chlorine floater and after few months it becomes sticky. I am guessing the gooey stuffs are chlorine residue.

So, the questions:
  • how do these residue come about
  • how do I clean off these sticky resides
  • do all chlorine tablets become sticky

I am living in a tropical country. The pool filter is operated everyday for at least 6 hours.

Thank you.

Attachments

• PXL_20230528_075104711.jpg
    PXL_20230528_075104711.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20230528_075128699.jpg
    PXL_20230528_075128699.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 12
You are using trichlor. Not the same. Odd. All the trichlor tablets I know of here in the USA are simply pressed together and there is no binder used.

You say your Trichlor is 90%. The other 10% is what is causing the issue. By chance does it show clarifier or some other polymeric additive?

You are using trichlor. Not the same. Odd. All the trichlor tablets I know of here in the USA are simply pressed together and there is no binder used.

You say your Trichlor is 90%. The other 10% is what is causing the issue. By chance does it show clarifier or some other polymeric additive?
The seller doesn't really know what the 10% is. They would have to contact their distributor and most likely their distributor would have to contact the factory.

Should I change to a liquid Sodium Hypochlorite 12%?

Would leaving chlorine tablets at the bottom of the pool shorten the vinyl life span?

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.